Desert Lawn Funeral Home, Crematory, and Memorial Park is located on a hillside overlooking the picturesque Mohave Valley. Opened in 1966 we remain Mohave County’s only full service, family owned and operated funeral home, crematory and cemetery.
A little history: The term “undertaker” refers to the person who “under took” responsibility for funeral arrangements. Many of the early undertakers were furniture makers because building caskets was a logical extension of their business. For them, undertaking was a second business rather than a primary profession. The history of this industry is rather new in relation to our own history as a country or civilized world. At the turn of the 20th century, funerals in the United States were organized by families and neighbors and held at home. People were often buried on family property.
Nowadays the responsibilities have changed quite a bit and are as follows:
1) Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible.
2) Maintain financial records, order merchandise, and prepare accounts.
3) Plan placement of caskets at funeral sites, and place and adjust lights, fixtures, and floral displays.
4) Arrange for pallbearers, and inform pallbearers and honorary groups of their duties.
5) Receive and usher people to their seats for services.
6) Plan, schedule and coordinate funerals, burials, and cremations, arranging such details as the time and place of services.
7) Obtain information needed to complete legal documents such as death certificates and burial permits.
8) Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
9) Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
At Desert Lawn Funeral has grown a lot throughout the years and will continue to meet the needs and professionalism that is to be expected. Our cemetery located in Mohave Valley only a short drive from Fort Mohave and Bullhead City Arizona is considered the best kept grounds in Mohave County. We’ve developed the property to exceed expectations and honors those who rest here.